Unofficial translation provided for information purposes.
Please note our language policy.
What are cookies and how are they used on this Sepblac website?
- Establish protection and security levels that prevent or hinder cyber attacks against the website or its users.
- Personalise web browsing and make it easier for users. Cookies are associated with individual anonymous users and their computers, and do not provide references enabling any personal data to be gathered or deduced.
Users can configure their browser to notify them and reject the cookies sent by this Sepblac website and will still be able to access its content. However, please be aware that this may reduce the functionality of the website.
Type, purpose and functions of the cookies used on this Sepblac website
Classification of the cookies
Depending on how long they remain active on the user’s computer, cookies can be divided into:
- Session cookies: A type of cookie designed to gather and store information while the user is accessing a website. They are generally used to store information which is only needed for providing the service the user is requesting at the time (e.g., a list of products being bought).
- Persistent cookies: A type of cookie where the information remains stored on the user’s computer and can be accessed and processed over a period defined by the administrator of the cookie, which may range from a few minutes to several years.
Cookies may also be classified according to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: These enable navigation on a website, platform or application and the use of its different options or services, such as controlling traffic and data transmission, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, remembering the items making up an order, the checkout process, requesting a subscription or participating in an event, the use of security elements while browsing, storing content for streaming video or audio, or sharing content on social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: These enable users to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a set of criteria on the user’s computer, such as language, browser type, settings for the region where the service is being accessed from, etc.
- Analytical cookies: These enable the cookie administrators to track and analyse the behaviour of users of the associated website. The information gathered using this type of cookie is used for measuring the activity of the website, application or platform and to create navigation profiles for site users, in order to make improvements based on analysis of how users use the service.
- Advertising cookies: These enable more efficient management of the advertising spaces the publisher may have included on the website, application or platform where the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the published content or the frequency with which adverts are shown.
Finally, depending on the body managing the equipment or the domain transmitting and processing the data, , cookies can be classified as:
- First-party cookies: These are sent to the user’s computer from a server or domain managed by the publisher (in this case, Sepblac) from where the service the user requested is provided.
- Third party cookies: These are sent to the user’s computer from a server or domain which is not managed by the publisher (in this case, Sepblac), but by another entity which processes the information obtained through the cookies.
Cookies at this website
Based on the classifications described above, the following cookies are installed when accessing the website:
- Technical cookies These are necessary for navigating the bank’s website and using its different options or services, as well as for saving cookie use preferences. They are used to monitor data transmission and traffic, and to carry out security checks.
- Third party:
- Google Maps Service cookies. Used to show the location of Sepblac head office (more details).
- Google Analytics Cookies. These are used to track how users interact with the content of this website (more details).
How can users configure cookies?
As this website can be used without cookies, users may block or disable them in their browser settings, so the browser will reject all or some cookies. Most browsers will alert users to the presence of cookies or reject them automatically. If they are rejected, users will still be able to use our website, although the use of some services will be limited and therefore the user experience may be less satisfactory.
How to access cookie settings in the most common browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools / Internet Options / Privacy / Settings. For more information, please consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences / Security. For more information, please consult Apple support or browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools / Options / Privacy / History / Use custom settings. For more information, please consult Mozilla support or browser Help.
- Chrome: Settings / Show advanced settings / Privacy / Content settings. For more information, please consult Google support or browser Help.
It is also possible to restrict the use of third-party cookies by following instructions by Google Analytics (more details).